Sunday, March 20, 2016

Post 16: responding to two colleagues' posts. Use quotes.

One of my colleagues, is  Keyshuna Mccrae she wrote about "The poem I chose was "Hazel Tells Laverne" by Katharyn Howd Machan. One of the mythological elements that may have occurred was metamorphosis , which is when a person transforms or changes. In the poem, the author states "an how i can be a princess, me a princess" (Machan 809). The frog that came form the sewage tells the cleaning lady , Hazel, that if she was to kiss him that she would become a princess." 


Second of my colleagues is Rashaan Hatcher he wrote about " The mythological elements in the poem "The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner to me is a void. It seems like everyone is acting normal when everything is not OK.  In the poem it says " From my mother's sleep I feel into a state" to me he is in a care free state nothing can affect him. He is just a void and takes in everything and does nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment